Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110
225/40ZR18 (f), 275/35ZR19 (r)
Ultra-high-performance summer tire
280 AA A
• Solid center tracking rib for improved braking and high-speed steering response.
• 3-D tread block shape (beveled edges on the V-shaped tread blocks between the center rib and shoulder blocks)provides more evenly distributed road contact for improved handling and braking.
• Minimal distortion of center and shoulder sections at highway speeds improves stability and durability.
• HPSR (High Tg Polymer and Specific Resin) tread compound provides improved wet traction.
• Wide linear grooves and Y-shaped channels improve water drainage.
• High-density, nylon-reinforced belt helps maintain consistent ground contact during cornering.
Test Mule: '91 Acura NSX
Test driver: Kenneth Lau,racing driver and crew chief for Compass360 Racing
Test track: Streets and highways
Track condition: Variable autumn weather (wet and dry), typically about 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit
When our local Honda tuning expert, Kenneth Lau, bought himself an NSX we knew the stock wheels and tires would be first to go. Sure enough, he ordered a set of 19-inch Advan RZ rims and needed some rubber. Since we noticed the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110s, a new ultra-high-performance summer tire designed for excellent high-speed stability and wet traction, finished second overall amongst the 11 UHP tires tested in German car magazine Auto Bild Sports Car, we ordered a set for the NSX. Here's what Kenneth thinks of the tire so far:
"Looking at the tread pattern, I was confident this tire would perform extremely well in the rain, but even its wet-weather performance exceeded my expectations. I have never felt this much wet grip from a street tire. Blasting up highway onramps at near dry-weather speeds, my NSX felt extremely stable and stuck to the pavement. Part of this may be related to the mid-engine design of the NSX, which puts a lot of weight on the rear tires and helps with traction in slippery conditions, but clearly the Hankooks were doing a great job at evacuating any standing water and allowing the tread compound to find extra grip.
"But what I really love about these tires is how smooth, quiet and stable they feel at high speeds. The NSX isn't that fast from 0-60 mph compared to a lot of newer sports car, but it's still one of the best handling cars ever made and really shines at high speed. I won't say how fast I tested these tires at since it could be held against me a in court of law, but even at very high speeds the Hankooks felt extremely stable. Oftentimes you can feel the tread start to squirm at high speeds, giving the car a nervous feeling, but not with these Hankooks. The V12 evo K110s really beg to be driven fast!
"I haven't put enough miles on them yet to comment on durability, but for anyone looking for a UHP summer tire that provides a smooth and sophisticated ride with plenty of dry grip and amazing wet-weather performance, Hankook's new Ventus V12 evo K110s are an excellent choice."
1450 Valley Road